Monthly Archives: May 2013
Feed this to your guests at your next summer party and watch how well every one gets along. This recipe is truly delicious in its simple form, but if you want to have a thrilling night, throw in some grilled corn or pineapple and watch your party Komblossom.
Ingredients for Jessica Child's Probiotic Salsa
- 5 Tomatoes, 4 of them chopped*
- ½ cup pineapple or 1 ear of corn (optional)
- 1 Onions, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- ½ bunch Cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup Kombucha Culture, chopped
- 1 Lime
- 2 Whole Jalapeno Peppers
- Roast the jalapeno. It’s summer, so you might have a grill going. If so, plop your peppers on your hot grill and rotate until all sides are charred. If you are doing this on your stove, find a way to safely and securely hold your pepper either by skewering it, or holding it with a pair of tongs. Hold the pepper close to the burner or flame and rotate as necessary until all sides are charred. Once your pepper cools down, it will be easy to peel off most of the charred skin leaving behind the soft and smoky pepper flesh. Remove the seeds and finely chop the flesh.
- Put the chopped tomatoes into a nice bowl. Once this salsa is complete, you won’t have time to transfer it to your serving dish before it starts getting gobbled up--it’s that awesome. Add three quarters of all ingredients except the jalapenos and limes. Taste. Adjust any of these ingredients as needed.
- Add 1/4 of the jalapenos you’ve chopped. They can be sneaky so add them slowly. Once you have settled on the right heat, add lime squeezes until you acquire the perfect balance.
- Devour with chips or soft warm tortillas.